Sunday, August 1, 2010

American Ignorance (part 2)

This week I have the opportunity of seeing the great collection of Smithsonian museums in Washington DC. Today I checked out the relatively famous Museum of Natural History. For this of you who don't know that's the one with the fully assembles dinosaur skeletons. It would be an understatement to say that the collection of this museum is big (it's basically unparalleled anywhere in the world), and it would be an understatement to say I enjoyed it. There is such as vast amount of information on all topics relating to natural history and it's not just geared towards a younger audience. However, most of the people where completely passing by this plethora of information and solely relying on the models and pictures as their source of learning and self-enlightenment. Leave it to the American people to not realize what they have and merely pass these exhibits off as just another museum full of old stuff. I'm pretty sure the French people I saw (or heard, and there were plenty of them) were getting more out of the English text than cousin Billy next to me with his wife/sister. Thank you very I'm moving to France. By the way I'm not drinking anything right, but am rather having a pleasant bowel movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment